Last updated: May 8, 2018
The following paragraphs details to you the information we collect about you, how and to what extent we handle and use your personal data collected or processed by us and as well as your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information.
IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR SERVICES OR INTERACT WITH ANY OTHER ASPECT OF OUR BUSINESS. If you have any questions or complaints regarding our privacy statements or practices, please contact us through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AnsuR offers its services through various tools which include: a central server and web portal with a set of sender and receiver clients, downloadable software (mobile and desktop applications) amongst others. The Server may either be hosted by AnsuR or Self-hosted by the customer.
Where the Server is hosted by the Customer (“your organization or your employer”), your data is collected and processed by the organization and not by AnsuR. We are not responsible for monitoring how the organization uses or stores your data, therefore we recommend checking their privacy and security policies before using our downloadable software.
- DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENT: Please note, where the Server is hosted by AnsuR (“Data processor”) for the Customer (“Data Controller”), we process the information we collect as detailed below. We also enable the Customer to sign a “Data Processing Agreement (DPA)” with us to describe the nature and purpose of the processing and the obligations and rights of both parties. If you are a Customer and we are hosting the Server on your behalf, kindly contact us at: email@example.com to execute the agreement with us.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
AnsuR may collect and receive information (including personal information) in the following ways:
To Access our Products and Services: In order to use any of our product and services, you need to first register as a user. To register, you or our Customer (“your employer” or “your organisation”) will supply us with your name, email address, phone number, organisation name and/or similar account details. If you (“our Customer”) provides us with a third party’s (employees or otherwise) personal information, you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so.
In the case AnsuR generates a username and password for you to which you will use in accessing our services. For further protection, you are advised to change the password details immediately you have access to the service.
Contents you provide through our Products and Services: Our Products and Services provides a platform that allow photos, videos, text and/or other related data like the geographic location, time-stamp and communication speed to be communicated to the server side and allow you or the designated server administrator(s) in your organisation to interact with these data. Also, your connection information (e.g. Wi-Fi and/or 3G etc.) and device information like the type of phone you are using to assess our services are collected. Our Products also offer tracking functionalities. Our product does not automatically track your location as this feature is turned off by default. You have to activate this feature before your location information can be collected from your device. Detailed description on the type of data/information collected through our products and services can be found here.
Note that the information/data communicated through our product and services (“Customer Data”) are private to your organization (“the Data Controller”), and we do not use your content for other purposes than providing the services to you, operating and optimizing the system.
AnsuR does not have direct control or ownership on the Customer data. It is your duty and not ours to ensure that you have the legal right and permission in respect to the contents taken and sent through our Products or Services. Please see further our Terms of Service on the use of our Services.
Content You Provide Through Our Websites: We collect information you provide to us through our websites. For example, when you request for information through the “Contact us” page on our website, we will collect your name and email address in order to respond to your request.
Other Information Provided to AnsuR by You: We may receive some information from you if you participate in any of our events, or you are one of our resellers or suppliers, or contact us through our social media accounts, apply for a job with us, or when you contact us through our customer support channels.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on your relationship with AnsuR, we may use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To create a user account for you.
- To provide and deliver the technical functionality of our products and services.
- To provide customer support and other services.
- To assist in our product and service development.
- To inform you of other products, services, upcoming events, new offers or other marketing activities.
- To respond to your enquiries, comments or requests.
- To manage your job application(s).
- To fulfil the legitimate interest of our relationship as permitted by law.
- To perform the contractual relationship between us (e.g. as a Supplier/Reseller of AnsuR).
- To enable service-related notifications like technical notices, updates, security alerts through SMS and/or Email alerts.
- To inform you of changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your information with the following:
- Our Subsidiaries and Affiliates: This is done in order to provide our services to you.
- Third Party Suppliers: We work with certain trusted third party suppliers to provide us with some services like: SMS and emailing functionality, hosting, storage services and so on. Those suppliers may be located outside the European Union. We may share limited information with the relevant third parties as necessary for the purpose of providing us with their services. We ensure that the information processed by these service providers are compliant with this policy and the relevant legislation.
- Your Affiliated Organization and/or Employer: In the case where our products and services are purchased by an organization, and your user account is created or access to the service is enabled by that organization (or employer), in that instance, your contents and information provided within our services is accessible to the administrator(s) appointed by the organization/employer to manage the use of our Product and Services.
- Law Enforcement Authorities: We may share your information to comply with laws or other legal process requirements. We may also disclose your information for purposes of law enforcement or national security and to investigate violations or suspected violations of our agreements, End User License Agreement (EULA) or Terms of Service.
We understand that the security of your personal information is very important. We implement physical, administrative and technical measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, loss, processing or disclosure. Also, our employees, suppliers and service providers are aware of the importance of privacy and are required to respect personal data.
When the Server is hosted by AnsuR, information provided to us through the use of our products and services is stored by our hosting service providers on a secured server. The servers are kept in a controlled environment to protect your information from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration and theft. The data of the users of our services is stored on Amazon Cloud; further details about the measures taken by Amazon to secure their facilities can be found here.
While we take adequate measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee absolute security but in the unlikely event of any interference, we will promptly investigate the breach, communicate the breach as required and restore the integrity of the system. It is your responsibility to protect against unauthorized access and activities conducted through your account.
Your Affiliated Organization and/or Employer: If our services are made available to you through an organization, we retain your information as long as required by the Service administrator(s) of your account.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request for a review, update, deletion or correction of the information about you at any time. You can do some of these modifications when you log in to your User Account in the Services and use the settings available within the Services. If you cannot use these settings, these information requests can also be made by sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or sending us a mail at AnsuR Technologies, att: Legal Dept, Martin Linges Vei 25, 1364, Norway. Depending on the nature of the request, we will ensure to address such requests within 30 days.
If your access to the Services is enabled by an organization (Data Controller), you may need to contact the designated service administrator(s) in that organization to assist in exercising these rights regarding your information.
If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt out of this service by either clicking the “unsubscribe” button below the mail or contact us directly at email@example.com. Note that, you cannot opt out of service-related notifications.
While the tracking functionality in our product is always turned off by default, you still have the option to deactivate this feature after a prior activation done by you.
Our Products and Services are not directed towards children under age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or use information relating to children. If you are a guardian or parent and you are aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org, to request for deletion of such information.
For comments, requests, questions or clarifications in respect to this policy or your information, contact us at: AnsuR Technologies, att: Legal Dept, Martin Linges Vei 25, 1364, Norway, Phone: +47 6400 9456, Email: email@example.com